We asked Linda Travella, director of Casa Travella Ltd, who has been selling property in Italy for 25 years to give us her top 10 reasons to buy in Italy. This is what she said:!
1. No inheritance tax!! Hard to believe but true! Not enough people know about this.
2. No capital gains tax after 5 years, in Italy.
3. No gazumping, as long as contract drawn up correctly
4. Weak euro means even more value for money.
5. Fantastic selection of properties at realistic prices.
6. Italians welcome children.
7. Properties are easy to rent.
8. Easy to travel to so you can use the property more often.
9. Activities for all ages. Shops, art, food, wine, and sport.
10. Friendly and helpful people.
What are you waiting for see below a selection of 3 properties in different areas
a. Ostuni in Puglia – €145.000. A lovely 3 bedroom villa and lamia sitting in 3 acres of land and with 160 olive trees which produce about 400 litres of olive oil per annum. (view property)
b. Castelfalfi in Tuscany – €560.000. A beautiful 5 bedroom farmhouse with swimming pool and currently as 2 apartments, very close to prime golf course. (view property)
c. San Siro on Lake Como – €269.000. A stunning complex of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments on the shores of Lake Como with heated swimming pool, solarium, and possibility of boat moorings. (view property)